Hi, I’m Ali Madani!
I am a senior research scientist at Salesforce Research interested in machine learning, computer vision, and language modeling. I currently lead multiple projects in AI for Good + Biomedical AI and am particularly excited about generative modeling for proteins.
I completed my PhD at UC Berkeley in 2019 and love building startups, with prior experience as a founder and early employee. Feel free to contact me at ali[at]madani.ai.
- 1/21: Our attention interpretability work, BERTology Meets Biology, is accepted at ICLR 2021.
- 1/21: Our review paper on computer vision in healthcare is accepted in Nature: Digital Medicine
- 12/20: Oral + poster presentations at NeurIPS 2021 workshops MLSB and LMRL for 2 protein modeling papers: ProGen and Profile Prediction.
- 11/20: Check out our breast cancer research now published in Nature Communications.
- 6/20: Talk @ Pfizer on language modeling for protein engineering.